The Renewing Great Brisbane Gardens project will revitalise two of the city’s iconic gardens, New Farm Park and the River Terrace parklands at Kangaroo Point.
Both parks will be upgraded and enhanced to be more attractive to users and visitors.
The Renewing Great Brisbane Gardens program demonstrates Brisbane City Council’s commitment to offering world-class lifestyle and leisure opportunities to Brisbane residents and visitors.
New Farm Park upgrades
New Farm Park’s renowned heritage rose gardens will be revitalised by doubling the number of rose bushes, installing irrigation and creating new garden beds.
Stage 1 – complete
Approximately 700 roses were planted in current garden beds in August 2017.
Currently underway, stage 2 of the project involves:
- extending existing rose garden beds
- constructing new rose garden beds
- planting approximately 2000 new plants
- installing a drip irrigation system into existing and new garden beds
- installing six new arbours
- associated landscaping works
Council identified two small Poinciana trees needed to be removed to accommodate the new rose garden beds. Tree removal will be